Mount Cook Heli Snowshoeing
Aoraki Mount Cook region offers some of the most spectacular alpine scenery in the South Island of New Zealand. During winter we combine 2 awesome scenic helicopter flights with a guided snowshoe hike across the snowy mountain landscape.
Modern, lightweight snowshoes makes walking easy and enjoyable. As you hike and explore you will soak in the natural silence and amazing views across the Mackenzie Basin - from the azure lakes to the giants of the Southern Alps.
Flying every fine day June 19 to 30
Cool Winter Adventure
Heli Snowshoeing is for anyone who can walk confidently on uneven terrain - and with a sense of adventure!
Your guide will lead you over snowy plateaus and rolling terrain where you may want to build a snowman, or simply take in the pristine alpine air of this truly unique adventure.
The pace is relaxed, with plenty of time to enjoy being in the mountains.
- Two scenic helicopter flights in the Mount Cook region
- Incredible mountain, glacier and lake views
- Up to 2 hours snowshoeing on a remote mountain
- Professional and experienced guides and pilots
- All equipment provided
PRICE: NZ$565 PER PERSON
DATES: 19 June TO 30 September 2017
TIMES: DAILY AT 10:00 am, 12:00 Noon
- 2 x scenic helicopter flights
- Professional guide services
- Equipment - Snowshoes, snow gaiters, hiking poles, boots, rain pants, warm jacket
- Up to 2 hours on the snow
- Small backpack
- Sun glasses
- Wind/waterproof jacket
- Sun block and lip cream (UV is high)
- Warm gloves and hat
Mount Cook Heli Snowshoeing is a joint venture with The Helicopter Line